Friday, November 1, 2019

Idea Napkin No.2

You:
I am a college student who is trying to get into the film industry. Lately my friends and I decided that we wanted to put our creativity to god use and started making t-shirt designs. I am Adobe certified and have used several Adobe platforms working on t-shirt designs alone. I am also capable of operating cameras for pictures and video which is relevant to the social media branding side of the company. While I don't necessarily see this being my primary focus after college I definitely think that we will continue to work on it in the future and it could potentially become successful.

What are you offering to customers?
I am offering a brand. A unique sense of style that has never been made or sold before, while at the same time staying comfortable and cheap to better draw business from the youth. The goal of Tallwood is to let people where whatever they want and express themselves.

Who are you offering it to?
My target audience is definitely 15 - 25. I am targeting this age group because I want to target high school and college kids who, for the most part, don't where uniforms. Not only is this age group the best chance at liking my product and buying it, but they will also get me the most exposure because they will wear it to school and talk about it to their friends.

Why do they care?
They care because the like the style of clothing as well as the message behind it.

What are your core competencies?
My creativity is my most valuable trait for this product. Clothing is such a subjective thing that you can't spend the time worrying about what the customer wants (besides factors like price and quality) you just have to be true to yourself and create what you want because people appreciate passion and will be more interested in things that you are passionate about.

I think all five of these elements are important to being an entrepreneur. They fit together in the way that all are important things to consider when thinking about selling a product or service. My weakest element is clearly "why do they care" because there are already a lot of clothing companies that have been made so getting people to prioritize mine over pre-existing ones is going to be my biggest challenge.

Two main points that I learned from my feedback were to be more informative and confident. My last idea napkin was not as thorough as this one and did not inform very well, however it displayed a confidence in my product that my peers liked, which is why I mentioned the importance of passion. I think this napkin is much improved compared to last time.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Brady I think you did a awesome job making additions and changes to your idea napkin based on our feedback. This idea napkin gives me a much better idea of what you are trying to do and the skills and competencies you have to make that business successful. I think your Adobe certifications and overall creativity give you a quality competitive advantage you can exploit. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brady, I think you did a good job improving your idea napkin and I can see that definitely added a lot of information to your post. I agree that the age group 15-25 is a really good target audience for this product. It is true that you are going to be challenged by competing with pre-existing companies. However, you did a great job improving your post and in the future you may want to explain more about how you will stand out from the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brady,
    I think that you did a good job of adding information between this idea napkin and your first one as well as using the feedback that you received to make these additions. My weakest element is similar to yours in that there are already other companies that provide products similar to what I am offering, but I think that if you use what makes you different to your advantage, your idea can still be very successful! Good work!

    ReplyDelete