Friday, November 1, 2019

Growing Your Social Capital

1) Kevin Masaro - Domain Expert
Kevin Masaro is a co-founder of the clothing company Always True. The company was founded in 2015 after the passing of their brother Brandon K. Howard who rapped under the name of Always True. I went to one of their pop-up sales in Gainesville and bought a shirt and talked to Kevin about how he got started in the business and what it takes. He gave me his phone number and told me to contact him if I needed anything.

2) Josh Huey - Expert
Josh Huey is the Head Graphic Designer of Dragonfly Graphics, a company based in Gainesville. As Head Graphic Designer Josh works closely with clients and is known for being able to bring an idea to life exactly as its imagined. I emailed Josh and asked him a few questions. The best answer I got was that it was his hobby and he said that pursuing your passion is extremely rewarding.

3) Ben Hippeli - Supplier
Ben Hippeli is a Professor of Professional Selling at University of North Florida. I found him on LinkedIn and messaged him about his experience with the distribution of shirts and ink. Being skilled in market strategy, Ben told me that it really wasn't anything complex, the main thing to remember is to keep good relations with every business you encounter because you never know when they will be useful.

This targeting network experience showed me just how many businesses there are that deal with making clothes, which is slightly daunting. However, everyone that I reached out to was very nice and polite and that made me like the industry more and got me more excited for my own company. It differed from other networking experience because instead of being for an assignment it was for my own idea which gave me useful information.

3 comments:

  1. Brady,
    While I think this post is a good start, it seems a bit lacking. I think in the future you should try to add more content to your post because there is a lot more that could be said here. I agree that you have some very good connections, however! Having a contact with a designer, clothing company, and distributor is very important for starting a business of your type.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brady,
    I think you did a good job with this post with the people you selected. All three are great resources to have in the future and people to get information from about yourself. One thing you could have done more in this post is state what exactly you asked them or what did they do for you. I think that was a major lacking point in this assignment for you but the selections were good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brady,
    While it was interesting to read about the different connections that you were able to make, I think that your post would have increased substantially in quality had you included more content and descriptions of these connections as well as organized your post in a more clear manner. Despite these aspects, your post was very interesting to read, as I said, and I think that these connections will be beneficial to you and your product in the future!

    ReplyDelete