Grinding It Out: The Making of McDonald’s
1)
What surprised you the most?
What surprised me the most was the fact that I had never learned anything about Kroc's story even though McDonald's is a huge franchise.
What about the entrepreneur did you most admire?
I admired his dedication and his ability to take his idea, which was completely unheard of at the time and turn it into national prominence in only 10 years.
What about the entrepreneur did you least admire?
I least admired the fact that Kroc got so many divorces. He really didn't have his life together very well outside of his business.
Did the entrepreneur encounter adversity and failure? If so, what did they do about it?
Kroc definitely faced some setbacks in his life but he always pushed through in order to help his company. No matter if it was relationship issues or financial problems he persevered and was a success.
2)
What competencies did you notice that the entrepreneur exhibited?
One specific competency that I noticed about Ray Kroc is his exceptional talent for being a salesperson. He was always able to get consumers to look at his product differently.
3)
Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
Something that confused me was the fact that the McDonald's brothers were not more helpful toward Kroc.
4)
If you were able to ask two questions to the entrepreneur, what would you ask? Why?
a) How do you feel that a lot of people point their finger towards you for the obesity crisis in America?
-I would ask this because I think McDonald's is very unhealthy
b) It seemed that your marriages were never very successful, do you regret the lifestyle that you chose to live?
-I would ask this because I thought that Kroc did a terrible job of maintaining his relationships and would want to know if he felt similar.
5)
For fun: what do you think the entrepreneur's opinion was of hard work? Do you share that opinion?
It seemed that Ray Kroc cared quite a lot about hard work, working maybe a little too hard for his business and not enough for his family. I honestly disagree with his opinion because I think life is more about balance than working hard and I don't think Kroc had a very good sense of balance, especially after his multitude of divorces.
Hi Brady, I liked some of the content of your post but the constant changing of fonts and sizes makes it not aesthetically pleasing at all. I would recommend just sticking with one size and one or two fonts so it is easier to just focus on the content. Like you I did not know much about the making of McDonalds, but I still can not say I know too much because every answer you give is so vague and doesn't really tell me much.
ReplyDeleteHi Brady,
ReplyDeleteAlthough your post contained some interesting content, the first thing that I noticed was how the size of the font changed halfway through your post and it threw me off to such a degree that it made it difficult to focus on the actual content of the post. In the future, I would recommend using the same size font throughout your entire post. As I mentioned before, I thought that your post was interesting in that I learned things about Kroc that I did not already know, but I would have appreciated if your post contained even more detailed information.