1) Human Capital:
-Sympathy - I think one of my most unique human capital is my ability to sympathize with people. This capital is really important to me because it allows me to see things from other people's perspective. I would describe myself as very calm and slow to anger and I believe that sympathy is a big reason for that because I am constantly contemplating how other people feel and how they are affected by my actions and the actions around me.
-Creativity - Creativity has been one of my favorite human capital for most of my life. I love to think and imagine and create things. Most likely inspired by my love for movies since childhood I have been drawing and writing various characters and stories for as long as I can remember. Its something that allows me to express myself and stand out from the crowd.
-Humorous - Not to gas myself up or anything but I believe myself to be a pretty funny guy. Not really like a class-clown per say but just in general I can make a person laugh. This is something that I take pride in because it allows me to make people happy. This kind of goes hand-in-hand with sympathy because if I feel for someone who is going through a hard time I have the choice to do something about it, even if its just temporarily.
-Nice - This might not be a million dollar word but when it comes down to it I can't think of a better one. I am a nice guy, what can I say? Honestly, I've tried to be mean or douchey, but at the end of the day I'm not mean and I'm not a douche, I'm just a nice guy who would happily open the door for you.
-Content - This may also seem like a strange word choice but the way I mean it hear is that I have the ability to be completely satisfied in my current position. Now I'm not saying that I would be happy if I dropped out of college and lived on the streets but the current position I am, even though its completely average, gives me happiness and I know that in the future I will be able to find happiness no matter where I go.
Audio Interviews:
https://soundcloud.com/user-551332911/entrepreneurship-laberge-interview
https://soundcloud.com/user-551332911/entrepreneurship-frans-interview
https://soundcloud.com/user-551332911/entrepreneurship-corey-interview
https://soundcloud.com/user-551332911/entrepreneurship-biggs-interview-public
Reflections:
It was kind of strange listening to people talk about myself but I think for the most part everything that was said supports my list ad my thoughts about myself. At the end of the day I think what I said about myself was supported and I would not change my list at this point in time.
Brady,
ReplyDeleteI think that I was impressed by your assignment because you really went into depth about your opinion of your own qualities. You realistically looked at how your qualities, especially ones that maybe occur in other people, can be defined uniquely. I agree that even if the interviews that I did were not the same qualities that I gave, they still lined up in certain places and that I would not change my list. I think it is important to look at both my own views of myself and how others view me to know what my strongest aspects are, but also to consider where I want to grow. In the future, you could add a description for the audio interviews rather than just posting them, or give them all their own headings.
Hi Brady,
ReplyDeleteOne major thing you missed with this assignment is including descriptions of each interview you constructed. A way to do this is follow the link to the interview with a quick description of what they said. Outside of that, I agree with you that the people you interviewed said things that are in the list you described yourself as. The one that stood out to me the most in your interviews was that the people you interviewed you stated how nice you were which was included in your list of traits about yourself.
Hi Brady, like you I thought it was a very strange and weird feeling to hear my friends say a bunch of nice things about me. I really like the depth you went in when describing how each attribute you described applied to you, but it would have been really cool to have some synopsis of each of your interviews in the post.
ReplyDeleteHi Brady,
ReplyDeleteI found your post to be very interesting. For one, I enjoyed the descriptions that you had of each of your characteristics, as their in-depth nature gave me even more insight into who you are as a person and what your human capital is. I also found the overlap between your interviews and what you said about yourself to be fascinating. However, I think that your post could have benefited from descriptions of each audio clip, as this would provide us with a brief overview of each interview.