Friday, October 25, 2019

18A - Create a Customer Avatar

My Customer
My prototypical costumer is a high school teenager who likes to skate and surf and run around outside. My prototypical customer wants to stand out from the crowd and be unique. Being unique not only affects his quirky personality but also his music taste and more importantly, his clothing style. My prototypical customer drives a grey Prius but occasionally has to borrow his mom's minivan. His favorite TV show is SpongeBob SquarePants because he hasn't watched TV since he was younger; he prefers to watch movies, specifically Quentin Tarantino.

Image result for skater style

Reflection
I find the description of my prototypical customer to be very similar to myself, which is not very surprising because as the designer of my clothing company I design shirts based off my own interests, which would appeal to someone who is more similar to myself. I think many people who aren't as similar to me will still find appeal in my shirts but the prototypical customer is pretty much someone as similar to me as possible.



3 comments:

  1. Brady,
    You did a good job outlining what the prototypical customer for your business is. I think that it is interesting that a lot of people who have completed this assignment have mentioned that their prototypical customer is similar to themselves. I have noticed that I have also a lot in common with my prototypical customer. In the future, you could consider adding more details to lengthen up your post. You could also think about adding some information about what your business does because even though your other posts explain it this post does not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brady,
    You did a good job of really detailing what your prototypical consumer is like and creating characteristics for them as though they are a real person. I especially enjoyed reading some of the unique qualities that you came up with, such as your prototypical consumer not having watched TV since he was younger. I also found it interesting that you thought that you were similar to your consumer, as I, too, found that some of the traits that I attributed to my consumer applied to me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brady, I absolutely love the picture you chose to describe your customer. The picture kind of pulled together all of your descriptions and gave a really nice idea of who your customers are. I also think it is very cool that you and your customer have many things in common because I feel that in your industry it is very important to connect with the customers and have them feel that you are one of them.

    ReplyDelete