Interviews:
John, 19 - I talked to John about what it was that made him want to buy something. He said that the main thing was attention, if the item grabbed his attention then he would start to consider buying it. After that was the style, since I want to make t-shirts I asked him what his buying process was for shirts and he replied that after his attention was on something it was the style and the colors that mattered next.
Alex, 20 - Alex told me that a huge factor for him when he is buying stuff is the amount of money that he currently has. Since he is a college student who isn't working all the time money is a big factor since you can only buy things when you have money. Assuming he had enough money to make a purchase Alex said that convenience was the next important factor. If he was at the store or on Amazon he would be more inclined to buy since the store gives it to you immediately and Amazon ships in two days.
Sarah Beth, 19 - Sarah Beth said that her main concern when buying clothes was the comfort level. Besides something not fitting correctly she said that her only reason for taking back clothes is if she is not comfortable in them.Price isn't necessarily important if its nice quality clothing but comfort is everything.
Alternative Evaluation:
It's fairly hard to discern what the main factor is that my audience is looking for as I got a fairly wide variety of answers, however as a consumer of clothes myself, I would say that the quality of the shirt is the most important. No matter how cheap something is if it looks trashy people are not going to buy it. However, if its not too expensive yet is good quality, that is worth a buy. But just like in my last post, I need to figure out a profitable price that can afford quality material.
Reflections:
Since I am such a far way away from being able to own a store, online is really my only choice to sell from, however the big issue with that is delivery time, so I would have to make sure it doesn't take forever to get to the customer. Nowadays, the biggest post-purchase decision is the reaction from your friends. When you make a social media post or wear it to school your friends are going to notice and its their reactions that can influence your post-buy decisions. Overall, from these interviews I have learned that I will need to make a website that is trendy and eye-grabbing. On top of this I need quality shirts that are comfortable as well as stylish that aren't much more expensive than $20.
Brady,
ReplyDeleteI liked your post a lot because I think adding the name and age of the people you interviewed helps a lot. I think in the future I will add some descriptions about the people that I interviewed because it really helps to show the market of the people that we are interviewing. I agree that the biggest post-purchase decision comes from friends and family and found that out when I did my interviews as well. In the future, you may want to try to interview people in different age ranges so that you can see if that changes things.
Hi Brady, I think that your post was very interesting because each person you interviewed had different opinions on what was really important to them. I think that makes your analysis very difficult because you do not have a set alternative to focus on. I think maybe conducting a few more interviews in the future could help you clear up what is best for you to focus on.
ReplyDeleteHi Brady,
ReplyDeleteI think that by including demographics such as the name and age of each person who you interviewed, I felt as though I had a better understanding of your target audience as well as where these people were coming from. I also think that the variety between the answers of each interviewee were interesting in that it showed how diverse what your target audience wants is, and I believe that if you conducted even more interviews, it would help you narrow this down.