Thursday, October 3, 2019

Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 1

1) The segment for my market is people from the age of 15-30. This is because I am trying to target the youth of America.

2) The three interviews that I arranged were all college students around the age of 18-20. They were all intrigued by my idea of a clothing line and especially liked the concept of it being locally made. Based off of these interviews I am fairly certain that the biggest issue I am going to face is the pricing. College kids are not the most rich people in America and I am not a known brand, so I need to make sure that my pricing is high enough to make a profit for myself but not too high to dissuade consumers.

3) The issue with my market is that the need is very easily fixed. Anyone can go to the store and get any kind of shirt at any time. I just need to show that my brand is cooler and better than the others. While this is a pretty corny thing to say it is actually essential. I need to brand myself and my product efficiently so consumers know who I am and what I am about.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Brady,
    I think you need to explain your clothing line more than just stating it. Your brand could succeed if the quality and concept is good enough. A few examples of this would be supreme or even the Nelk boys clothing line on youtube right now. Both brands target college students and young adults and make a lot of money from it. In your future posts I would recommend explaining the clothing line better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brady, I think one problem I have consistently had with your product is that I don't really understand what differentiates you and would make people buy your clothes instead of other clothes. I also am not sure exactly how you are getting your inventory. I think it is great that you chose something you are passionate about and that you are aware of many issues you will face but I think more clarification and explanation in every post could be very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brady,
    Just from reading your post, I was unable to clearly discern how the clothing that you are proposing is different from other clothing and why it would be desired by consumers above other brands that have already been established. However, if you are able to advertise and market your brand in such a way that causes customers to want to purchase the clothing that you are selling, you could definitely be successful. Overall, I think that your clothing could show true potential!

    ReplyDelete