1) This semester I failed for the third semester in a row. Since I've been at UF I've tried every semester to make straight A's but every single semester I fail because of my procrastination and laziness. It is really disappointing honestly considering my brother makes straight A's at Notre Dame studying physics while I'm just here in J-School (shoutout J-School).
2) While I know this is stretching the prompt a bit because it says this semester, this is just something that has been on my mind recently because it means a lot to me. Recognizing it now and calling myself out on it makes me excited for next semester because that is another chance for me to reach my goal. Other than that I learned that I need to be more proactive in my life and plan ahead better.
3) Failure sucks, plain and simple. When you set your mind to achieve something and then don't, there's no worse feeling. However, failure helps us learn, about ourselves and about each other. When we fail we need to recognize it, completely. If you don't accept your own failure then you start running from it and that results in lies and cheating. Cheating is just accepting failure. This class makes me look at things a little differently now, everything is a calculated risk. I think that I will be trying to take more calculated risks from now on.
Hi Brady,
ReplyDeleteI can relate to wanting straight A’s but this being seemingly impossible to obtain. I encourage you to keep trying, as this failure specifically is something that you may be able to overcome next semester or another future semester. I think that you are right that we need to recognize and accept when we fail in order to improve upon this in the future. Keep up your hard work and I think that you’ll be able to attain your goal!
Brady,
ReplyDeleteI have also wanted to succeed as far as grades and aim for the highest possible grades that I can get. I think that even though you have failed this time around, you are still able to be successful in the future. I think that you noticing that you have failed and seeing that next semester holds more chances to succeed means that you will do better in the future. Hope you are able to get all A's in the Spring!
Hi Brady,
ReplyDeleteI think holding yourself accountable is such an important skill that leads to success. I think making straight A's is difficult but recognizing that you are not reaching that goal due to controllable issues is fixable and can lead you to greater success in the future. Overall, I completely agree that failure sucks but I think it can sometimes show you the path to success.