Friday, September 20, 2019

Solving the Problem

The problem that I will be addressing is the Tobacco age law that I raised in one of my prior blog posts. The opportunity that I saw with this recent change is the eventual full-on quitting of nicotine vapes as they are being exposed in a primarily negative light recently and raising the legal age is already a big step forward. I propose a nicotine reward system that will track your nicotine usage like a fitness watch. Each day you will get a certain amount of nicotine hits, but as the days go on you get less and less until you quit altogether.

The point of the app is that it will bother you if you go over your daily nicotine usage and complement you if you do well. It will be very similar to the water drinking app that "waters your plant" every time you drink water. This generation loves simulated worlds like that that are obviously fake but are stimulated by our own actions in the real world. I think this could help people quit using nicotine vapes in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brady,
    I think that this is a very interesting idea that you have come up with to try and solve the vaping crisis we are having right now. I think an app is an interesting way to attack this problem but I like that you are trying to use the fact that young people are always on their phones and that they love interesting apps to your advantage.

    ReplyDelete