Friday, September 13, 2019

My Entrepreneurship Story

When I was a freshman in high school my brother, who was a junior at the time, decided that he was going to try and start selling cans of Coca-Cola for a value slightly less than the vending machines. This went on for about two or three weeks until an administrative staff member told him to stop. After being asked to stop my brother decided to switch from cans of coke to Hi-Chew candy. The Hi-Chew candy was much easier to sell as it wasn't as big and bulky as cans of coke and it was more popular because there were no vending machines on campus that sold Hi-Chew. This continued for maybe a month until my brother got tired of it, as he wasn't really making much of a profit, and so he stopped his entrepreneurship endeavors.

I enrolled in this class because I am very interested in starting a business of my own. This summer some friends and I decided that we wanted to start our own clothing company by making designs and putting them on T-shirts. We spent all summer working on designs until we were just recently able to purchase our own screen printing press for the shirts and are currently working on the physical production of the shirts. So, what I am hoping to get out of this class is a feel for how to start and build your own company, specifically with the use of social media.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brady,
    I feel like your post really captures that entrepreneurship can come from anywhere or be anything. I think your brother probably saw an opportunity and acted on it, which is honestly really cool. I also am a huge fan of High-Chews so I would have definitely been a big customer for your brother. I also think it is super cool that you want to start your own clothing company. I have two friends that have their own clothing companies so I guess that is a popular endeavor these days.
    Great post and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brady!
    The personal story of your brother being an entrepreneur in high school conveyed the concept that entrepreneurship can occur on any level, small or large. His story also reminds me a bit of my own past, as I admittedly participated in similar ventures while in elementary school and attempted to in middle school. I also find it extremely interesting that you want to start your own clothing company! That certainly demonstrates dedication and an entrepreneurial mind. Overall, I enjoyed reading your post and I wish you luck with your company!

    ReplyDelete